Baby, we were born to ride!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Arrival in Holland


David:
We happened to arrive in Holland on a national holiday, meaning our plans to make our way first to the tourist information were dashed (it was closed). Not easily discouraged, we decided to sit down at a cafe (which happened to be open) and enjoy our first European coffee. I was hoping to dash in, grab it to go, and get on our way... but I guess it doesn't work that way in Europe. Jodie says it is the 'slower pace of life'... I can't help but wonder if that is a great line dreamt up to allow the owners to understaff. Everyone was very friendly, but slow! (I'm still getting used to the coffee in Europe -- I walked into one of the famous coffeeshops in Amsterdam, asked for a double-double with a few timbits... Let's just say it is a good thing I didn't accept what they offered).

Out of time here. More to come!

1 Comments:

Blogger Luch said...

The ferry looks super cool...beam me up! Happy Birthday (yesterday) David! Katie and I are blogging now at dailykatie.blogspot.com
Not likely to be as interesting as yours! Keep having fun you two!
Heather

May 23, 2007 at 1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home