Baby, we were born to ride!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bikes in Holland


Earlier, we missed some nice pictures bikes in Holland. The Dutch people really like bikes! Look at the racks to the left, outside the Amsterdam train station. It is tough to see in the picture but bikes are packed together tightly over all three levels.



The Dutch also really involve their children early on in their biking. There are many ways they do this:














It is actually very cute but given that no one wears helmets, I'm a little nervous for the children.


And finally, a picture of me trying to ride European style (with baguette strapped to my back, and beer in the side pocket because it is Belgium) and a bike under a pretty leaded-glass window.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ariel said...

Ahh, I remember riding on the back of my dad's bike in a little plastic seat fondly. I can't really remember falling over that much..hoping it hasn't left me with any permanent brain injury. My favourite pic is the child seat on the recumbent bike, what a great view that would be! I distinctly remember not being able to see too much past my dad's back.

June 17, 2007 at 7:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home